Question about thread

Valkyrie valkyrie at cuhk.edu.hk
Fri Nov 19 09:50:17 EST 2004

To be more precise, what I want to do is to have a threaded program to handle
some jobs concurrently (while those jobs are fetching  information from the
Internet, so threading could speed up the process if the network is slow)

            start
              | (blahblahblah...)
  +-----+-----+-----+-----+
  |     |     |     |     |
--+-- --+-- --+-- --+-- --+--
              | (blahblahblah...)
           finish!

While process A-E will access the shared variables within the same program, and
each of those processes will have to parse a document on its own.