HTML to Text renderer

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Nov 2 18:07:03 EST 2004

Does anyone know of a module that can render HTML to text?  Just a
subset of HTML, really; I'd like to compose emails using <p> tags and
whatnot, fill in all the values in the email template, then apply word
wrapping and other formatting.  Also, it'll make using Zope Page
Templates with email easier.

Even if all it supports is <p> and <br> that would be enough, but I'm
hoping there's something even more complete out there.  I don't need
something as general as, say, Lynx; these templates would be written
with a specific renderer in mind.

Thanks.