win32 extentions-- installer not compatible with python 2.3

Pieter Claerhout Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com
Wed Nov 17 03:47:59 EST 2004

Yes, you can, but the version you downloaded is linked against Python 2.2
(the last part of the filename). You need to download the one linked against
Python 2.3.

Cheers,

pieter

Creo EMEA S.A.
pieter claerhout | product support prinergy & synapse link | tel: +32 2 352
2511 | pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com

IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+pieter.claerhout=creo.com at python.org
[mailto:python-list-bounces+pieter.claerhout=creo.com at python.org] On Behalf
Of mr_ravi_patil at yahoo.com
Sent: 17 November 2004 07:44
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: win32 extentions-- installer not compatible with python 2.3

Hello,

I am using NT4 and  downloaded the following Windows installations:

1. Python-2.3.4
2. pywin32-203.win32-py2.2 Url:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

I installed Python 2.3.4 succesfully.
But when I run the win32 extentions installer, it returns a failure
message "Python 2.2 required".

So does this mean that I cannot use win 32 extentions Python2.3?