Small Database Needed

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Sun Nov 21 17:44:37 EST 2004

Kevin McBrearty wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm looking at implementing DB in my program for
> analysis of CAD (STL Files).  This database will
> require the basic functionality.
>
> Query
> Sort
> Delete/Add Records
> [...]

pysqlite should fit your requirements nicely.

Get it here:

On Windows just use the binary installer, this is all you need.

On *nix if you're lucky (Debian, FreeBSD, maybe others) it is packaged
for you. Or you have to build it yourself.

If you don't want or don't actually need a relational database, metakit
or the bsddb package included with Python could also be enough. I
haven't used either, though.

-- Gerhard