[development doc updates]

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Nov 10 15:33:23 EST 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 02:57 pm, Skip Montanaro wrote:
 >     Fred> Lots of changes to how tables are actually formatted, with much
 > of Fred> the styling moved from the HTML to the CSS stylesheet.
 >
 >     Fred> Tables also look nicer in supporting browsers.
 >
 > Any idea what browsers those would be?

All graphical browsers I tested with until I booted a Windows machine.  ;-)

Specifically:  Mozilla 1.8a4 on Linux, Opera 7.21 on Linux, Galeon 1.2.13 (yet
another Gecko wrapper) on Linux.

Things looked fine on links, lynx, and w3m as well, though I don't expect they
looked better than before.  ;-)

 >     Fred> Please review the tables and report any strange presentations;
 > be Fred> sure to include the specific browser (including platform and
 > Fred> version!) in your report.
 >
 > Using Firefox 1.0PR on a Solaris system I checked out
 >
 >     http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/boolean.html
 >
 > There are no left, right or top borders.  A PNG is at

That's right.  I liked that better myself; fewer extra lines.  The lines below
the header and at the bottom of the table are slightly heavier than the other
lines as well.

I'm surprised that the first and last columns aren't centered, and that the
heading for the second column is.  I'll need to review more of the actual
tables in the documents, though the tables I used are quite similar to this
one.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>