possible to pass python objects into java without jython?

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 9 08:02:24 EST 2004

Maurice Ling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have read that this had been asked before but there's no
> satisfactory replies then.
>
> I have a module (pA) written in python, which originally is called by
> another python module (pB), and passes a python object (pO) to pB. Now
> I require pA to be called in a java class (jC) and pass pO into jC. As
> pA uses non-python modules, I am not able to use Jython on this.
>
> Are there any way out in this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Maurice

How about:

    * XMLRPC
    * SOAP
    * a messaging queue of some sort (pA or pB - I'm a little unclear on
      which is the starting point - could put pO in a message queue and
      jC could pick it up)
    * serialize the Python object to disk in an intermediate format
      (say, XML) and have the Java process pick it up
    * CORBA

Without more details, and some clarification, that's the best I can do.
Are you sure you meant to say pA is called by pB, or is it the other way
around?  If pA is being called, it really can't pass pO to pB, unless
you've got a callback setup.

Jeremy Jones