Python generators in Java?

Kent Johnson kent3737 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 10:54:15 EST 2004

Robert Oschler wrote:
> Preamble:
> Jython won't do because last I checked it was dormant, and has been for
> quite some time.  In addition, the version that it is "frozen" at  (2.1)
> does not contain generators (if this is wrong on any point, *please* point
> me to a URL for a current version).
Yes, that is still the current production release.

I checked the mailing list archive and
> except for a single recent post from a party external to the Jython project,
> there hasn't been any mailing list activity since 2002.

??? There is continuous, moderate activity on the ML. Try

In fact, I saw my
> two unanswered posts about Jython and generators from 2002.  There was a
> 2.2a (alpha release) in July of 2003 with lots of warnings about using the
> code in a production environment, but nothing since.

There has been some encouraging news about a Jython update in the works.
See the news at http://www.jython.org
We won't have generators in Jython soon but there is progress.

Kent