Help please, turning off threads

Jive someone at microsoft.com
Sat Nov 27 17:58:19 EST 2004

"Nick Coghlan" <ncoghlan at email.com> wrote in message
news:41a7041c$0$25785$5a62ac22 at per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> Jive wrote:
> > Can someone tell me how to "configure" for no threads by hand?  Does it
> > suffice just to remove the offending file threadmodule.c? If that is the
> > case, why the error message rather than just
>
> I believe the configure script removes threadmodule.c from the build
process
> when threads are not enabled. I haven't actually checked, though.
>
> Building threadmodule.c when threads aren't being used suggests a mistake
in the
> build process - but is it the inclusion of threadmodule.c which is
incorrect, or
> is it the lack of the WITH_THREADS definition?

In this case it's neither.  I just changed the #ifdef in threadmodule.c so
the file is effectively empty when WITH_THREADS is not defined.  That seems
to work okay.  No problems so far.

 I don't didn't want to remove the file from the project.  I might want to
compile with threads enabled later.  If and when that happens, I won't have
to remember to include the threadmodule.c file.  I'll just define the
WITH_THREADS and all will be kookletikoo.