a very newbie question about threading

Chris S. chrisks at NOSPAM.udel.edu
Fri Nov 12 21:25:21 EST 2004

Chris Patton wrote:

> Hey Everyone.
>
> I've recenently stumbled upon a concept known as "threading". Can
> anyone tell me what this IS and how it is used, or show me where I can
> get information about this?
>
> Thanks!

Threading, or multi-threading, involves the simultaneous execution of
multiple sequences (e.g. "threads") of instructions. This is similar to
how your computer runs several programs at the same time, except threads
usually share the same space in memory, so they can easily operate on
shared data. As always, Google and Python's docs are your friends:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=what+is+multi-threading&btnG=Search
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-threading.html