Small Database Needed

Fred Pacquier xnews2 at fredp.lautre.net
Tue Nov 23 07:46:34 EST 2004

mrchameleon at hotmail.com (Chris Reay) said :

> http://www.netpromi.com/kirbybase.html
>
> I've not used it, but it may fit your needs, and it's pure Python
> (there's a pure Ruby version, too).

I have -- for simple things, where I'd have used flat-file text storage
anyway. In that context it works well and saves a lot of time & utilitarian
coding. DateTime support, in particular, is nice.

For more complex uses, howerver, one must be aware that it doesn't compare
to SQLite or even Gadfly -- it doesn't do SQL for starters (has its own
simple, pythonesque query syntax) and is more geared to single-table usage
(no joins, lookups, cursors out of the box).

When it fits the bill though, it's probably the simplest, easiest and most
lightweight pure-python solution available.

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/