I Need a Python Mentor

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Thu Nov 25 10:11:04 EST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:07:30 -0000, "abhay" <a.a.kanare at swan.ac.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have just ended learning to program in Python using the book "Programming
>in Python" by Mark Lutz.
>But to my dismay there are no excercises or programming projects in the
>book. I'm seeking for a good programming project to be implemented in
>python. Do you have any projects to share, I'm ready to spend my free time
>over it to learn the best.

Take a look at PyGeo:

http://home.netcom.com/~ajs/

and see if it the type of thing that might interest you.

It is pretty basic code I think - mostly because that's the only kind
of code I would know how to write. Not exemplary code, to be sure.

I am working toward a new release and would love other folks
involvement. And I think it is the kind of project to which someone
without deep programming background could contribute.

Art