[ANN] rpncalc-1.0 RPN Calculator For Python

Raymond L. Buvel levub137 at wi.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 12:54:45 EST 2004

Heikki Orsila wrote:
> Kent Johnson <kent3737 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>The .tar.gz file seems to be corrupt, opening it with WinZip it
>>uncompresses the .gz then I get "Error reading header after processing 0
>>entries."
>

> Bug in winzip? tar xfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz works just fine. However, there's
> an invalid symlink inside the package:
>
> $ tar tvfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
> lrwxrwxrwx rlb/rlb           0 2004-11-22 00:11:06 rpncalc-1.0/examples/poly.py -> /data/projects/poly/poly.py
>
> $ md5sum rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
> 0b8eb872fb0937eca079489e184ddf9f  rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
>
> Is your packet valid? Check the md5sum.

The problem with trying to be too clever is that you eventually get bit.
  I tested this on my system which obviously has the target of the
symlink. I will correct this problem and upload a new version.  This
flaw does not affect the basic operation of the interpreter, you just
can't use the polynomial example.