why python is slower than java?

Asun Friere afriere at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 20:07:51 EST 2004

aleaxit at yahoo.com (Alex Martelli) wrote in message news:<1gmueqr.1hs16lxfjegpuN%aleaxit at yahoo.com>...

> [A]sking for tolerance and patience
> against _rude_ newbies which barge in with shrill, mostly unjustified,
> repetitious complaints, is, I think, a rather far-fetched request.

That request is in no way far-fetched if made to someone of great
personal maturity and character.  Rudeness is hardly ever an effective
response to rudeness.  So I'll make it:  "Please be tolerant and
patient of newbies, _especially_ the rude ones." :p  Remember it's the
audience, not merely the opponent you are addressing.

Be that as it may, Maurice's original question, while arguably founded
upon a false presumption, was in no way rude.  Nor were his subsequent
posts (unless I missed one).  The helpfulness of this newgroup should
be (and was) one of python's selling points.  Certainly I learned much
here, and especially from your posts Alex, when I first started using
the language.