why python is slower than java?

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sat Nov 6 18:33:01 EST 2004

> dude that "comparision" from twistedmatrix you refrence is ANCIENT!!!

I am wondering the impact when IBM decided that the base memory to not
exceed 64kb, in the late 1960s...

I suppose more experienced people in this list can agree that certain
decisions made can be almost an edict. So, there is a re-building
process every now and then, hopefully to by-pass such edicts. Python
itself is already such an example.

> it is comparing versions that are YEARS out of date and use!

Are the codebase of Python 1.5.2 and Java 1.1 totally replaced and
deprecated?

Lisp compiler is the 1st compiler to be created (according to the
Red-Dragon book, I think) and almost all others are created by
bootstrapping to LISP compiler. What are the implications of design
decisions made in LISP compiler then affecting our compilers today? I
don't know. I repeat myself, I DO NOT KNOW.

> you are just trolling or your don't know enough to understand the
> answer to your question which is way to vague to be answered, as there
> is no real correct answer.

Certainly I do not have 15 PhDs in computer science or computating
mathematics...... I suppose there are some syntax error in your
statement to allow me to parse it completely. "too vague", not "to vague".

Thanks
maurice