Python with Apache 2.0

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Nov 19 21:28:28 EST 2004

Damjan wrote:

>>Does python support threads safely along with Apache 2.0 in web
>>applications.
>

> Are you talking about mod_python?
> If so, then yes. But note that Apache threads entering the python
> interpreter (via mod_python) will be serialized on the GIL.

This is true, but it doesn't tell the whoel story: mod_python has taken
care to make it possible to configure multiple interpreters - on a
per-directory basis if necessary. Obviously they all share the pure
code, but if I undestand correctly each has its own data space, and
hence its own GIL.

regards
  Steve
--