[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Mon Feb 14 05:58:10 EST 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>> David Fraser wrote:
>>> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
[...]
>>I do not "just complain".
>>
>> I've spend already hours with writing down the questionaire [which you
>> have successfully ignored].
>
> Why don't you spend hours writing code and submitting working patches,
> instead? That's what I did years ago in the original effort to get mingw
> to compile Python extensions (one of the, woefully out-dated, web-pages
> you cite is mine. I have now edited it to clarify the situation so
> others do not come away from it as you did).

"This page is extremely out-of-date. Not much applies anymore. This page
only remains because too many people still point to it. PExports may
also still be useful to some people; I don't know. I do not use this
platform any longer."
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html

very gentle.

up-to-date information is important, especially to avoid confusing
newcomers.

[you see: even if I just complain, one positive change has already happen]

> Just writing "questionnaires" *is* actually "just complaining."

of course not.

> The answer to most of your questions is, "Because no one has yet
> volunteered their time and effort to get the job done."

this answer do not fit in most questions.

please review them again.

> If this is important to you, you need to step up yourself and get it
> done and not expect other people to volunteer their unpaid time to
> satisfy your whims.
>
> The open source Python community is driven by volunteerism, not a sense
> of entitlement. If this does not appeal to you, then perhaps the Python
> community is not the right one for you.

I ask some questions and suggest some things.

Voluntarlily and without beeing paid.

There are many commercial systems around python.

So please stop this volunteerism-stuff.

-

If you like to help me and other newcomers, please give me simple some
answers on the initial questions.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com