best XSLT processor?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Feb 28 13:42:41 EST 2005

fanbanlo <henryho at NO__SPAMM_.telus.net> wrote in message news:<yvgUd.9678$_G.5042 at clgrps12>...
> Which XSLT processor is the most reliable?
>
> requirement:
> + must support Python 2.4
> + must run w/ Windows (and Linux)
> + not super slow

I've had success with libxslt [1] (and libxml2 [2]) on Linux with
Python 2.3.x and earlier, and I imagine that it's portable enough to
work successfully on Windows and has already been tested with Python
2.4. Moreover, I don't think many people complain about the
performance of libxslt/libxml2. ;-)

If you find the supplied Python bindings for libxml2 either
"un-Pythonic" or insufficiently DOM-like, you might want to try lxml
[3] or libxml2dom [4].

Paul

[1] http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/
[2] http://www.xmlsoft.org/