Selective HTML doc generation

Graham gashton at cmedltd.com
Wed Feb 23 09:42:32 EST 2005

Hi. I'm looking for a documentation generation tool (such as pydoc,
epydoc, happydoc, etc.) that will allow me to filter what it includes
in
it's output.

I only want the reader to know about classes and methods in my package
if if the classes have docstrings. I've got a large package that is
used
by relatively non-technical users (and yet they write Python!) that
documents the public API with docstrings. I don't want to clutter their
view of the world with links to the package's internal classes and
documentation that covers things like __special__ methods.

Anybody know of anything that let's you do it? I realise I may end up
doing some hacking here but don't want to repeat work unnecessarily.

Cheers,

Graham