Native ODBC access for python on linux?

callmebill at gmail.com callmebill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:00:22 EDT 2005

All,

This info was very helpful, and I'm up and running with MySQLdb on
linux, and the native ODBC support on Windows.

One last question I have:  In vbs (specifically with .asp) I can make a
connection to an ODBC provide _without_ the need to specify a system
DSN in the Control Panel.  It's easy to do with MySQLdb.connect(
host,user,pass,etc), but is this possible with the ODBC module in
Python on win32?

Thanks again for all the help.  This has really narrowed the gap in my
knowledge significantly.