Modules for inclusion in standard library?

Christopher Arndt chris.arndt at web.de
Wed Jun 29 16:05:03 EDT 2005

Reinhold Birkenfeld schrieb:
> Do you have any other good and valued Python modules that you would think are
> bug-free, mature (that includes a long release distance) and useful enough to
> be granted a place in the stdlib?

Hmmm, let's look into <pythonlib>/site-packackes, That's what I always
have installed:

- pysqlite
- Numeric
- PIL
- mxExtensions (mostly for mxDateTime)
- ClientForm
- ClientCookie
- pycrypto

Most of these are probably not elegible due to license issues but I'd
love to see SQLite support added to Python-out-of-the-box.

Also, when on windows, I always install the ActiveState distro because
it comes with the win23 extensions and more useful documentation. Maybe
there should be rather a separate "add-on-packs" distribution?

I think, this would be mostly useful for developers though. With
solutions like p2exe and python eggs becoming more widely used, caring
about what is installed and what not, shouldn't be such an issue anymore.

Chris