DParser binaries on Win32 with Python 2.4?

Christopher Subich spam.csubich+block at block.subich.spam.com
Mon Jun 27 23:32:40 EDT 2005

 From the documentation, it looks like DParser-python will do what I
need, but I'm having trouble getting it installed properly.  I'm using a
win32 environment, with official 2.4 Python binaries.

The official DParser for Python win32 binaries
(staff.washington.edu/sabbey/dy_parser) fail, saying that I don't have
Python 2.3 installed. :/

Compling the source on cygwin (with -mno-cygwin) succeeds in
compilation, but then attempting to install results in:

\Python24\python.exe setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build\lib.win32-2.4
copying dparser.py -> build\lib.win32-2.4
running build_ext
building 'dparser_swigc' extension
error: Python was built with version 7.1 of Visual Studio, and
extensions need to be built with the same version of the compiler, but
it isn't installed.

I lack VS, and would prefer to stay using win32 Python rather than
cygwin Python because I got twisted, which I also use, working on win32
and not cygwin.  Any ideas?