[ANN] ASTNG 0.13.1
sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Nov 7 16:12:05 CET 2005
Hi there !
I'm pleased to announce a new bug fix release of ASTNG. This release
fixes a lot of bugs detected by pylint users, the most popular
application built on top of this package.
What's new ?
* fix bug on building from living module the same object in
encountered more than once time (eg builtins.object) (close #10069)
* fix bug in Class.ancestors() regarding inner classes (close #10072)
* fix .self_resolve() on From and Module nodes to handle package
precedence over module (close #10066)
* locals dict for package contains __path__ definition (close #10065)
* astng provide GenExpr and GenExprFor nodes with python >= 2.4
* fix python2.2 compatibility (close #9922)
* link .__contains__ to .has_key on scoped node to speed up execution
* remove no more necessary .module_object() method on From and Module
* normalize parser.ParserError to SyntaxError with python 2.2
What is ASTNG
The aim of this module is to provide a common base representation of
python source code for projects such as pychecker, pyreverse,
pylint... Well, actually the development of this library is essentialy
governed by pylint's needs.
It extends class defined in the compiler.ast  module with some
additional methods and attributes. Instance attributes are added by a
builder object, which can either generate extended ast (let's call
them astng ;) by visiting an existant ast tree or by inspecting living
object. Methods are added by monkey patching ast classes.
LOGILAB provides services in the fields of XML techniques and advanced
computing (implementation of intelligent agents, knowledge management,
natural language processing, statistical analysis, data mining, etc.),
and also trainings on Python, XML, UML, Object Oriented design, design
patterns use and other cutting edge topics. To know more about
Logilab, visit http://www.logilab.com/.
Logilab is also a strong supporter of the Free Software movement, and an
active member of the Python and Debian communities. Logilab's open
source projects can be found on http://www.logilab.org/.
Sylvain Thénault LOGILAB, Paris (France).
http://www.logilab.com http://www.logilab.fr http://www.logilab.org
More information about the Python-list