Pure python implementation of string-like class

Xavier Morel xavier.morel at masklinn.net
Sun Feb 26 07:15:53 EST 2006

Ross Ridge wrote:
> Xavier Morel wrote:
>> Not if you're still within Unicode / Universal Character Set code space.
>
> Akihiro Kayama in his original post made it clear that he wanted to use
> a character set larger than entire Unicode code space.
>
>                                       Ross Ridge

He implies that, but in later messages he
1. Implies that he wants to use the Unicode private spaces, which are in
the Unicode code space
2. Says explicitly that  his needs concern Kanji encoding, which do fit
in the existing Unicode code space, even if you take the largest
estimates of the number of existing Kanjis (~80000), and which are (I
think)  already partially represented by the CJK Unified Ideograms and
CJK Unified Ideograms extension A sets of regular Unicode.