getting started, .py file

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Tue Feb 21 04:19:05 EST 2006

Ingrid wrote:

> Thanks everyone. That's exactly what I was looking for, but I still
> can't seem to make it work. I've got the interpreter starting in
> "C:\Program Files\Python2.4", and my code is in "C:\Documents and
> Settings\Ingrid\My Documents". So, I did:
>   import os
>   os.chdir("C:\\Documents and Settings\\Ingrid\\My Documents")
>   from mycode import *

I see that Ingrid found the solution to this problem.
But I wonder, should Python support importing absolute
pathnames?

I've trying googling, but either my google skills are
lacking or nobody has ever thought of doing import
"C:\directory\module" before.

--
Steven.