Is python very slow compared to C

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 08:06:29 EST 2006

Em Dom, 2006-02-12 às 04:33 -0800, bonono at gmail.com escreveu:
> Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
> > Em Dom, 2006-02-12 às 03:20 -0800, bonono at gmail.com escreveu:
> > > However, to me, the strength of python is the batteries that is
> > > included(and there are more and more coming).
> >
> > So .NET is as good as Python? Hmmm... I think the language itself is the
> > best part of Python, its library is just a complement (a very good and
> > relevant one, though).
> .NET is not a language, IMO.

You talked about "batteries included", and that isn't related to the
language. I said .NET in reference to what you said. The part about the
language is my own opinion, I just didn't want to say anything about C#,
Boo, J#, Nemerle or any other language that targets the .NET framework.
In the case of Python, as well as Java, the language has the same name
as the framework, and this may have lead you to mistake me.

--
"Quem excele em empregar a força militar subjulga os exércitos dos
outros povos sem travar batalha, toma cidades fortificadas dos outros

  -- Sun Tzu, em "A arte da guerra"