cannot install scipy

nitro ivanf1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 19:44:31 EST 2006

Hi,

I am using a Debian system. I installed NumPy and everything works
well. When I try to install SciPy, I get the following error. Any help
would be appreciated.

===
idf at server1:~/scipy/scipy-0.4.4$ python setup.py install
import core -> failed:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined
symbol: PyOS_ascii_strtod
import random -> failed: 'module' object has no attribute 'dtype'
import lib -> failed:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined
symbol: PyOS_ascii_strtod
Fatal Python error: can't initialize module lapack_lite
Aborted
idf at server1:~/scipy/scipy-0.4.4$
===

nitro