would it be feasable to write python DJing software

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Feb 3 15:35:58 EST 2006

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 20:03:01 +0100
Ivan Voras <ivoras at fer.hr> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:

> >both fast and >>elegant, in Python, if you use Numeric or
> >a similar library. >
> >>... at which point you're actually doing it in C, not
> >pure python... :)
> >
> > If that's the way you want to look at it, there is
> > nothing that can be done in pure python.
>
> I think people who say that deliberately misunderstand the
> point. Python  is suitable for some things, not for
> others. So is C. --

To me, "doing it in C" implies that I must write some C
code.

In this case, that won't be required at all. Everything the
OP wants to do can be done exclusively by writing Python
code.  He will, of course, be *using*  some extension
libraries which might in turn have been written in C (or
Fortran, assembly language, or ADA for that matter -- but
practically speaking, C).

This will be true whether he uses PyMedia, PyGame, Numeric
or all three.

Indeed, as an implementation matter only the "glue code"
will be interpreted in Python -- but the OP will not have to
write anything but such "glue code".

For me, who no longer writes *any* C code, not having to
write the C code is a big win. And I think this is the PoV
relevant to the OP.

Cheers,
Terry