HTML page into a string

Tempo bradfordh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:51:06 EST 2006

In my last post I received some advice to use urllib.read() to get a
whole html page as a string, which will then allow me to use
BeautifulSoup to do what I want with the string. But when I was
researching the 'urllib' module I couldn't find anything about its
sub-section '.read()' ? Is that the right module to get a html page
into a string? Or am I completely missing something here? I'll take
this as the more likely of the two cases. Thanks for any and all help.