embedding python in HTML

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Feb 16 16:44:38 EST 2006

Rene Pijlman wrote:
> John Salerno:
> [Python alternative for PHP]
> >So to do this with Python, do I simply integrate it into the HTML as
> >above, with no extra steps?
>
> You'd need something like the PHP engine, that understands Python rather
> than PHP.

[...]

> There's also PSP:
> http://www.ciobriefings.com/psp/

For "straight Python Server Pages" without advertising various (and
possibly quite different) technologies, take a look at mod_python's
implementation:

http://www.modpython.org/
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-psp.html

I haven't actually used this particular implementation - I'm not a fan
of embedding programming languages in HTML - but I imagine that it's
one of the more actively developed projects of its kind.

Paul