ANN: FreeImagePy 1.2.2

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Thu Feb 16 09:41:46 EST 2006

Claudio Grondi wrote:
> Knowing some details about PIL and as good as no details about
> FreeImage, I would like in this context to become enlightened by the
> answer to the question, when does it make sense to use FreeImage
> instead of PIL?

Into some little environments, like tiff with G3/G4 compressions and
multi-page files.

> From what I know up to now I can't see any use for FreeImage :-( .

Like I say to freeimagepy site, I start to wrote it *only* because I
needed a simple python library for manipulate fax images (G3/G4) that
PIL can't. I need it into my python fax client [hylapex] that it's
connect to hylafax server.

Of course, It wouldn't be a PIl replacement ;)!

> Claudio

Michele