Twisted book opinions?

Andrew Gwozdziewycz apgwoz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:35:50 EST 2006

> It's really more of an example based tutorial book than cookbook.
> What it does do really well is 'networking programming essentials'. I
> found it quite a good book and managed to write a distributed ssh cron
> tool in an evening after reading the sections on SSH.

I would second that. The examples are very good, and it breaks down
the code and explains the new concepts.

> What I'd really like now is a 'Web Application Development with
> Twisted/Nevow' book that takes off where this 'network protocol'
> oriented book leaves off.

I thought the O'Reilly book was pretty decent at describing how to
setup a web application. It's not entirely complete, but I was able to
piece together an application with a somewhat complex web application
on top of it. Twisted made it quite easy.

--
Andrew Gwozdziewycz <apgwoz at gmail.com>
http://ihadagreatview.org