email questions

Scott Frankel leknarf at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 8 13:49:27 EST 2006

Seems I'm still having issues with syntax.

 From what I can tell from my mail client, my outgoing mail server
name is either

	mail.<ispname>.net
or
	mail.<ispname>.net:<myUsername>@<myDomain>.com

The former yields the same socket error on connect() that I reported
earlier.  The latter yields a "nonnumeric port" error upon
instantiation.  Instantiating with the port number,

	s = smtplib.SMTP("mail.<ispname>.net:<myUsername>@<myDomain>.com",
portNum)

yields the following error:

	socket.gaierror: (7, 'No address associated with nodename')

Suggestions?

Thanks again
Scott