Unable to get PIL to load jpeg images

Amit Khemka khemkaamit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 01:47:07 EST 2006

This is because PIL, is not able to find the jpeg library .

1. Install jpeg-libs from sources: (http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz)
2.0: "clean" the PIL build
2.1 In setup.py that comes with PIL, set the JPEG_ROOT to the jpeg-lib path
3.0 run setup.py

I hope that should help ..

cheers,
amit

On 2/9/06, Andrew Gwozdziewycz <apgwoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/7/06, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> > peter.mosley at talk21.com wrote:
> > > Someone out there must surely know - please!
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >

> Try building the PIL from scratch. It might give you some insight as
> to which library it exactly is looking for. I can remember when
> compiling the PIL on my mac having to create a symbolic link to
> libjpeg.so.6 or something. It was bizarre but worked fine afterwards.
>
> --
> Andrew Gwozdziewycz <apgwoz at gmail.com>
> http://ihadagreatview.org
> http://plasticandroid.org
> --

----
Amit Khemka -- onyomo.com
Endless the world's turn, endless the sun's Spinning, Endless the quest;
I turn again, back to my own beginning, And here, find rest.