would it be feasable to write python DJing software

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Feb 3 10:19:22 EST 2006

On 2006-02-03, Ivan Voras <ivoras at __yahoo__.com_> wrote:
> simonwittber at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Actually, manipulating and mixing audio samples can be both fast and
>> elegant, in Python, if you use Numeric or a similar library.
>
> ... at which point you're actually doing it in C, not pure python... :)

If that's the way you want to look at it, there is nothing that
can be done in pure python.  Both the built-ins and the basic
operators and sematics are implimented in C.  Unless you're
running Jython on a platform that has a hardware JVM, I
suppose.  But noboby in this discussion is doing that.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Should I get
                                  at               locked in the PRINCICAL'S