PyCon 2008 - Call for Tutorial Ideas

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:03:11 EDT 2007

It's hard to believe, but the planning for PyCon 2008 is underway.  PyCon,
an annual gathering of Python enthusiasts -- nearly 600 in Dallas last year
-- will be held in Chicago next March 14-16, with one full "pre-conference"
day, March 13, set aside for tutorials; classes given by Python honchos on
various topics.  These sessions last 3 hours (plus a break) and in general
are more detailed than the talks given during the actual conference.  Right
now, we need to know what YOU want to see covered in these sessions.
 Testing, GUI, web-apps, database, basic Python, advanced Python, objects,
anything and everything Python is on the table at this point.  We have to
narrow the field down to 10 or 15 and then find qualified presenters, so now
is the time to start gathering ideas.

What tutorials would you like to see offered?  Please response to:
pycon-tutorials at python.org

Thanks,

Greg Lindstrom
Tutorial Coordinator, PyCon 2008