Pass by reference or by value?

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:01:05 EDT 2007

So immutable objects cannot be modified directly? I guess this means
integers are immutable and the act of assigning to one is a completely new
definition? So if I were to create a class called Integer and give it a
.set() method, this would allow me to create mutable integers, and thus
passing in an object of type class Integer would allow me to modify the
value from inside the function?