python debugging under emacs?

Dan Stromberg - Datallegro dstromberg at datallegro.com
Tue Aug 21 18:31:40 EDT 2007

Is there a debugging mode in emacs that works well with python?

I tried gud, but it was giving me errors, so I thought I'd ask before I
try to get it to work: Is there an emacs mode (perhaps gud) that'll give a
view of the python source, and currenly executing line, the ability
inspect datastructures, etc.?  You know, like a modern debugger?  :)

I also looked at ddd, but it was cranky too, and apparently hasn't seen a
new release in years.

I'm really more of a vim person than an emacs person, but if emacs will
do what I want, I'd happily use it - for this.  :)