Eclipse/PyDev question

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 06:37:58 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, king kikapu <aboudouvas at panafonet.gr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am using Eclipse (Platform Runtime binary) with PyDev and i was
> wondering if someone can help me with this:
>
> 1. I set breakpoints to a .py file and i have told Eclipse to open the
> Debug perspective when it sees that some .py file(s) of my project
> indeed contains breakpoints. So, i press F9,  Eclipse starts, Debug
> perspective opens and i can use the debugger just fine. But when the
> app terminates, how can i tell Eclipse to switch automatically to the
> PyDev perspective and not remain in the Debug one ?

There's no currently no automatic' way to do this (but you can use Ctrl+F8
to iterate your perspectives, Ctrl+F7 for your views and Ctrl+F6 for your
editors, so, it should be easy to go to wherever you want in the interface).

2. Let's say we have a project that consists of some .py files. I want
> to press F9 when the editor displays anyone of these files but make
> Eclipse to run the whole project (that has another .py as "default")
> and not the script that i am currently working on, is that possible ??

You should do F9 in you current editor and then Ctrl+F11 to re-run the last
run -- so, if you have a main file that you just ran in your project, you
can probably just keep to Ctrl+F11 -- note that this behavior changed with
Eclipse 3.3, but you can restore it: window > preferences >  run/debug >
launching > always launch the previously launched application.

Cheers,

Fabio