missing pydoc gui

Bernard Delmée bdelmee at advalvas._REMOVEME_.be
Wed Dec 26 13:44:10 EST 2007

I see what you mean, having started my fedora8-live image under
virtualbox. -g support is apparently not there with this
distribution, oddly enough. Perhaps you should post your
question on a fedora support forum.

Under the live cd (hence probably with a smaller selection of
available packages than you have), if I try the following
at the interactive python prompt, I am getting "No module named
Tkinter"

     import pydoc
     pydoc.gui()

You probably discovered this already, but you can at least
launch "pydoc -p 1234" and view the python doc by pointing
your browser to localhost:1234. The small tkinter gui normally
invoked by "-g" would add a handy search box to this viewer...

The main python doc page points to the following search link:
	http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi
which looks similar enough to what "pydoc -g" would offer.