Static linking of python and pyqt

Markus Dahlbokum dahlbokum at intes.de
Wed Dec 19 07:26:51 EST 2007

> > I just want the qt libs linked to the interpreter without accessing them
> > by a module. I tried the configure option '--with-libs='lib ...''. The
> > make did fine but the executable is too small and the qt symbols are not
> > known by it. How can I just link qt statically?
>
> Why do you want to do this? If qt isn't actually *used* in Python (as
> you don't include the pyqt modules), what effect do you expect from
> such linking?
>
> I think it linked just fine - it just didn't include any symbols,
> because none were needed. That is the correct, expected behavior.
> It all worked fine.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

I need an environment that can be delivered to our customers without
installing python, qt and pyqt. We want to provide the complete package.
In order to do so I need to link at least python and qt. How can this be done?

Of course a complete package with python, qt and pyqt would be the best
solution but there seem to be even more complications that way. If you can
help me with this I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Markus