Bizarre behavior with mutable default arguments

Mon Dec 31 02:01:51 EST 2007

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:00:14 -0800, bukzor wrote:

> I think you struck at the heart of the matter earlier when you noted
> that this is the simplest way to declare a static variable in python.
> Using the 'global' keyword is the other way, and is much more explicit,
> and much more widely used. I also see this as the main use of the
> 'notlocal' keyword to be introduced in py3k (it also fixes the example
> given by Istvan above).

There doesn't appear to be any reference to a "notlocal" keyword in
Python 3 that I can find. Have I missed something? It sounds like an
April Fool's gag to me. Do you have a reference to a PEP or other
official announcement?

--
Steven