"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:50:52 EST 2007

> > Newton was a great scientist, and his name is easy to spell and
> > pronounce.
>
> Should be, but a large proportion of the population pronounce it so
> that it rhymes with "hootin" as in "hootin n hollerin" :-)

You can count me in that large proportion. 8^)

By the way, after thinking about it a bit, here's a good name for
Python3000:

Newton1

The appended 1 serves to disambiguate the name from that of a late,
great scientist. It could be called N1 for short.

The 1 also serves to identify the major version. If it ever undergoes
a major revision (as in Python3000), it could then be called Newton2,
but that would not be done more than once per decade or so.