what the heck does this mean?

katie smith iceboy127 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 22:57:45 EST 2007

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python25\empire\Empire Strategy.pyw", line 322
    Maty = Searched(number)
TypeError: 'list' object is not callable

My list is NewMap1 =[0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,2,2,3,2,0,0,0,0]

so Maty Searched(number is supposed to give me 0 when
        Search = "NewMap"
        number = 0
        bignum = 1
        bignumer = repr(bignum)
        Searching = Search+bignumer
        Searched = eval(Searching)
        Maty = Searched[number]

instead i get that error whats up? i thought it is suppose to give me NewMap1(0).when I print it it works fine  and gives me the result 0 but when I go to save the number as Maty-(randomletters) it keeps giving me the stupid error.

please help

Ps: rather than doing in your head making a test prgram to run exactly that might be better