doctest quiet again before exit how

pelavarre at gmail.com pelavarre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:18:13 EST 2007

By the way, I copied this 2006-10 clp issue into Bugs.python.org. --
Pat LaVarre

""" http://bugs.python.org/issue1611

TITLE: doctest.testmod gets noisy if called more than once per
SystemExit

SUMMARY:

Calling doctest.testmod more than once before SystemExit spews stderr
messages such as "*** DocTestRunner.merge: '__main__' in both
testers;
summing outcomes"

ACTUAL RESULTS:

$ python ./tttestmod.py
*** DocTestRunner.merge: '__main__' in both testers; summing outcomes.
*** DocTestRunner.merge: '__main__' in both testers; summing outcomes.
$

EXPECTED RESULTS:

$ python ./tttestmod.py
$

NOTES:

We can reasonably expect newbies to doctest random things
that need to be doctested more than once.

We can't reasonably expect newbies to know to how to filter doctest
stdout, for example as ... http://wiki.python.org/moin/doctest

"""