New to Python Would like debug advice

PatrickMinnesota PatrickMinnesota at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:17:02 EST 2007

Yep, I'm new to the language, it's been a couple of months.

I opted for gvim and console window for developing on a Windows XP
box.  I'm not a huge fan of IDEs except for when I need some
debugging.  I've done my googling and see a bunch of options out there
for a debugging solution for Python on Windows.

I've used Eclipse for a few years for Java development and I
understand there is a Python module for it that might make sense.

What I'm looking for is advice on what to use to debug general Python
programs at the source level, some will be graphical.  If the eclipse
route is the way to go, that's fine, but I'm wondering what other
options people have good luck with.  Keep in mind I will probably
continue to use Vi/Emacs and a console window for my main development.

Thanks.