[2.5] Script to POST to web page with cookies?
nospam at nospam.com
Fri Jul 20 03:43:41 CEST 2007
I need to write a script to automate fetching data from a web site:
1. using the POST method, log on, with login/password saved as cookies
2. download page and extract relevent information using regexes
3. log off
4. wait for a random number of minutes, and GOTO 1
I'm a bit confused with how to get POST and cookies in the same
- urllib vs urllib2 vs httplib?
- "ClientCookie.urlopen("www") behaves identically to urllib2.urlopen,
except that it deals with cookies automatically"
Has anyone some working code that I could borrow (er... steal) to do
More information about the Python-list