Multiple separate py2exe executables and library.zip

Patrick Mullen saluk64007 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 12:34:30 EST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM, The Dude <thedsadude at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   Each invocation of py2exe creates an executable along with a number of
> other files which need to be distributed with it, including library.zip. I
> noticed that compiling different scripts creates different, and incompatible
> library.zip-s. Suppose I need a directory that contains the result of
> *separate* py2exe calls, then - how can there be a library.zip that fits
> them all?
>
>   Thanks & Bye,
>
>   TD
>
> --

You can unpack each zip and then create one that has everything.  A
better option might be to work one of the executables to include all
of the stuff, and then use its library.zip.  Sometimes I have done
this, by making an extra .py file which imports all of my other files.
 When I build the exe for this one, it will create the library.zip,
and I just ignore the .exe.  (In your build step you run this last).

There might be better ways, but with py2exe I generally hack around
problems and make my build process a bit more involved. (Often even
calling out command line programs to do some of the work).