Try Except Problem
marduk at letterboxes.org
Fri Sep 4 04:36:15 CEST 2009
On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 13:45 -0500, Victor Subervi wrote:
> Hi: I have this code:
It's hard to tell because:
1. You posted code in HTML format, which is really hard to read
2. Even when viewed as plain text, you use non-standard indentation
which is really hard to read
3. You used a blank except: clause that catches all exceptions.
This is not good programming practice and makes it difficult to
4. You didn't reduce your code down to the basic problem, or at
least provide an alternative code snippet that others can try to
5. You didn't show the actual output or provide what inputs were
In short, it basically looks like you typed or copied some code that is
not well written, discovered it doesn't work and expect the list to
debug your program for you.
Help us help you.
More information about the Python-list