remote multiprocessing, shared object

Norm Matloff matloff at doe.com
Wed Apr 7 17:34:38 EDT 2010

Should be a simple question, but I can't seem to make it work from my
understanding of the docs.

I want to use the multiprocessing module with remote clients, accessing
shared lists.  I gather one is supposed to use register(), but I don't
see exactly how.  I'd like to have the clients read and write the shared
list directly, not via some kind of get() and set() functions.  It's
clear how to do this in a shared-memory setting, but how can one do it
across a network, i.e. with serve_forever(), connect() etc.?

Any help, especially with a concrete example, would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Norm