how to get text from a html file?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Apr 13 14:22:13 EDT 2010

 On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:58 PM, varnikat t <varnikat22 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to get text from a html file?I am trying to display
> the text of an html file in textview(of glade).If i directly display the
> file,it shows with html tags and attributes, etc. in textview.I don't want
> that.I just want the text.

[Parent article is unavailable on gmane, so my reply isn't quite in
the right place in the tree]

I generally just use something like this:

      Popen(['w3m','-dump',filename],stdout=PIPE).stdout.read()

I'm sure there are more complex ways...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm having fun
                                  at               HITCHHIKING to CINCINNATI